QuickBooks Online offers flexibility and convenience in performing accounting functions. The accounting software is ideally suited to the needs of medium and small businesses. What’s best about the accounting software is that you can scale it up (or down) based on the required needs of your business.
The simple version of QuickBooks Online subscriptions includes access to a total of three users, (one user and 2 accountants) who can access the cloud software simultaneously.
QuickBooks Online Essential subscriptions include access to five concurrent users (three users and two accountants). QuickBooks Online Plus subscription allow access to seven concurrent users (five users and two accountants).
With QuickBooks Online Plus subscription, you can add up to a maximum of twenty-five users at an additional cost.
So, the question is how do you add a user or accountant to QuickBooks Online?
You can add users and assign roles from the Administrator panel. In order to add a user, you must perform the following simple steps.
- Click on the Gear Icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Manage Users from the sub-menu under Your Company.
- Click on the New button at the bottom right corner of the screen, select the type of user you want to add, and then click Next.
- Now, you must specify the access right that you want to give to the user’s, and again click on Next.
- In the new screen that opens, you can make adjustments to the user’s access like limiting their ability to make changes to customer accounts, print checks, etc. You can even provide view only access when going to the next screen.
- Lastly, you must enter the email address of the user that you want to give access to QuickBooks Online, click on the Next button, and then Finish.
Congratulations! Now, you have successfully setup a new user in QuickBooks Online. An email will be sent to the new user who must select Click Here. The user will have to create a user ID and password to gain access to the company file.
Now that you know how to add a user in QuickBooks, let’s add and assign your Accountant access to your QuickBooks Online account. The process is really simple and somewhat similar to adding users.
First, click on the Gear Icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
Next, Select Manage Users from the submenu.
Now, under the accounting firms at the bottom of the screen, you must click on Invite Accountant.
Finally, you must enter the email address of the Accountant, click Next, and then Finish.
Once you perform the above steps, an email is sent to the Accountant containing a link to access the software.
Owine additional type of user that you can add in QuickBooks Online Plus version is a Time Tracking User. These users are not charged against the number of users that you are allowed. To add this type of user, follow the same steps described above. Select Time Tracking under the Manage Users Tab.
This type of user is helpful if you charge your clients or customers for time worked. You can use Time Tracking to record people’s time within QuickBooks Online. That way, you can easily pull billable hours into your customer invoices.